Higher education commission of Pakistan has verified the National Qualifications Framework of Pakistan in the 31st meeting. The Pakistan Qualification Framework is considered as mechanism for classification of the qualifications on the basis of learning and education outcomes. Such as Skill, Competence, Knowledge, Discipline. PQF comprises a comprehensive List of all quality assured qualifications in Pakistan. The Pakistan Qualification Framework Provides All the information related to the Accredited or recognized Higher Qualifications and Institutions recognized by the higher education commission of Pakistan.
Objectives of the PQF
- Helps to make available the Quality Assured and accredited/recognized qualifications to all the stakeholders.
- Helps in establishing the national standards of qualifications
- Provide a base for the comparison of qualifications at national as well as international level
- Helps in international recognition of qualifications
- Facilitates the trans-national mobility of graduates and learners
- Used as an instrument for reforms in education system
- Helps to promote the linkages between industry and education system
Pakistan Qualification Framework has eight levels. Levels are based on the Generic nomenclature used for the qualification in the country. The table below shows the different qualification types which are classified and are used as quality assured qualification in the country.