The University of Edinburgh is offering up to 45 PhD scholarships for international students. These awards are open to UK, EU and overseas students applying to start their first year of study for a research degree in 2018-2019.
This exciting scholarship scheme provides a valuable opportunity for postgraduate research students to undertake a package of training and development which will help them to develop the necessary skills required to meet their career choices and offer them a breadth of development opportunities in areas such as teaching, public engagement, entrepreneurship, data science, and research.
The University of Edinburgh, founded in 1582, is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities.
Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time PhD research degree programme.
Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the University
Each scholarship covers the UK/EU rate of tuition fee as well as a stipend of £15,000. Subject to satisfactory progress, the scholarships are awarded for three years.
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to UK, EU and overseas students.
- Entrance Requirements:
- The awards are open to UK, EU and overseas students applying to start their first year of study for a research degree in 2018-2019.
- Please note, the Edinburgh College of Art, the School of Law and the School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures are not participating in this scholarship scheme in the 2018-2019 academic session.
- Applicants must have already applied for admission to a full-time PhD research programme of study at the University. Applicants intending to study a part-time PhD research programme will only be considered for the scholarship if they have the approval of the School they wish to study with. We encourage applicants who wish to apply for this scholarship to make contact with their academic school regarding any admission deadlines.
- Candidates are required to have good English Language skills with scholarship applicants normally requiring a minimum IELTS of 7.0 achieved within the past two years. Please check the Entry Requirements for your proposed programme of study for details of other acceptable English language qualifications. The requirement for an IELTS score of 7.0 (or equivalent) may be higher than the level required for admissions purposes.
- You may apply for the scholarship prior to obtaining the necessary English language test results but the results should be uploaded as soon as possible.
- Please also note that if you have applied for consecutive registration where you will start your Masters programme of study in 2018 and your PhD the following year in 2019, that you will not be eligible to apply for a Principal’s Career Development Scholarship in 2018. Principal’s awards cannot be held concurrently with fully-funded scholarships but can be held with partial awards such as the Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships.
- English Language Requirements: The requirement for an IELTS score of 7.0 (or equivalent) may be higher than the level required for admissions purposes.
How to Apply:
- The scholarship deadline is 1st February 2018.
- Please note you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh.
- The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web based information portal