The Faculty of Biology and Medicine, University of Lausanne is Offereing PhD Scholarships in Life Sciences beginning May 2019. These PhD cooperations are available to skilled and roused competitors who have or will have acquired Masters in Switzerland or abroad. University of Lausanne is giving PhD International Scholarship Switzerland for international and Swiss Students.
The University of Lausanne in Lausanne, Switzerland was established in 1537 as a school of religious philosophy, before being made a college in 1890. Today around 13,500 understudies and 2,200 specialists study and work at the college.
Every single worldwide candidate for whom English isn’t the local tongue must give verification of skill in the English dialect.
PhD International Scholarship Switzerland Applications Deadline:
October 12, 2018
PhD International Scholarship Switzerland Course Level:
PhD Fellowships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
PhD International Scholarship Switzerland Study Subject:
Among others : Angiology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, Center for Integrative Genomics, Clinical Neurosciences, Computational Biology, Ecology and Evolution, Fundamental Microbiology, Fundamental Neurosciences, Fundamental Oncology, Gynecology, obstetrics and genetics, Hematology, Infectious Diseases, Ludwig Center For Cancer Research, Medical Genetics, Microbiology, Neuroimmunology, Neurology, Oncology, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Physiology, Plant Molecular Biology, Pneumology, Psychiatry, Psychiatric Neuroscience, Public Health, Radiodiagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Rheumatology, Urology
PhD International Scholarship Switzerland Nationality:
Swiss and international students are eligible to apply.
PhD International Scholarship Switzerland Number of Scholarships:
Up to 450 PhD Fellowships are available.
PhD International Scholarship Switzerland Eligibility:
Eligible Countries: Swiss and international students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Talented and motivated candidates who have or will have obtained Masters in Switzerland or abroad or equivalent degrees in an appropriate field before Autumn 2019 are invited to submit their application for PhD fellowships before October 12, 2018.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evid
How to Apply:
Step 1: Find a host lab
- You have first to choose at least one laboratory (three max.), please browse “Host Labs“,
- Contact thesis directors of interest from the Lausanne University and if they appreciate your CV, ask them to send you a confirmation by email that he/she agrees to act as your potential thesis director,
- You should mention his/her name in your application form.
STEP 2: Fill in the PDF application form
- Download the Application Formon your desktop and fill in it: It must be fully completed! Please note that it is possible to fill out the form directly on the PDF. If you cannot write anything, please look at the top of the internet page and click on “open with another PDF viewer”. Alternatively, you could also print the form, fill it out by hand (make sure it is readable) and scan it.
STEP 3: Prepare your file
Prepare the following documents:
- A complete Curriculum Vitae
- 1 passport size photographC.Copy of your passport or identity cardD. Copies of your high school diplomaE. A certified copy of the university diploma(s) and the diploma supplement, your scores (transcripts) obtained through exams passed at the university (non-certified copies are sufficient for candidates holding a Bachelor and a Master degree awarded by a Swiss university).
D or E: Copies of certified transcripts, listing courses and grades: These transcripts should be translated (if not originally in English) in French, German, Italian or English.
F. We require three referees from preferably different departments and/or institutes/research groups. Each of them should provide a letter of recommendation. On the “Online Form” you have to fill in the three names of the referees you have chosen. As soon as you write their e-mail address, an e-mail with a form will automatically be sent to them. They will then fill it in and send it back directly to us. The recommendation letter should not come from the hosting lab.
- The copy(ies) of the confirmation e-mail(s)sent by the potential(s) thesis director(s)
(see STEP 1).
STEP 4: You are now ready to fill in the “Online Form”!
- Merge in a PDF file the following documents in this order: Application form, A, B, C, D, E and G. Name of the file Name_First Name_Birth Date.pdf (e.g. pdf) Max: 20 Mo (you can zip the document).
- Advice: To merge PDF documents together, you can use this online platform, the Adobe Acrobat XI Pro software or any other software or platform you may find useful. Also, to transform jpeg documents in PDF, you can use this online platform, a PDF printer or any other method you may find useful. Please note that we will NOT take responsibility for the use/misuse of any of these software and platforms.
- Fill-in the “Online Form” and submit (on-line) the requested documents (in the format described in STEP 2 and 3)
ence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.