Manchester Metropolitan University is welcoming applications for Al-Habeeb Scholarship for the full-time MA in Multimedia Journalism for September 2018 section. The Scholarship is accessible to applicants of any nationality from the UK, EU and abroad.
The motivation behind the Al-Habeeb Scholarship is to urge understudy beneficiaries to champion and advance the issues confronting Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) people group in the United Kingdom through news coverage and composing.
Manchester Metropolitan University is a British state funded college situated in North West England. It was built up in 1970 as Manchester Polytechnic and picked up college status in 1992.
Applicants must exhibit their enthusiasm for championing and upholding BME people group issues through volunteering, business, scholarly investigation or potentially in composing.
Manchester Metropolitan University Scholarship Application Deadline:
October 12, 2018
Manchester Metropolitan University Scholarship Course Level:
Scholarship is available for masters degree programme at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Manchester Metropolitan University Scholarship Study Subject:
Scholarship is tenable in Multimedia Journalism at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Manchester Metropolitan University Scholarship Scholarship Award:
Scholarship is of worth £5,000.
Manchester Metropolitan University Scholarship Eligibility:
- Eligible Countries: The Scholarship is available to candidates of any nationality from the UK, EU and overseas.
- Entrance Requirements:
- Candidates must apply to, and receive an offer of a place on, the full-time MA Multimedia Journalism degree for September 2018 entry before applying for the Scholarship.
- Candidates must demonstrate their interest in championing and advocating BME community issues through volunteering, employment, academic study and/or in writing.
- The Scholarship is available to candidates for the full-time MA in Multimedia Journalism programme only.
- The Scholarship is available to self-funded candidates only.
- The Scholarship is available to candidates of any nationality from the UK, EU and overseas.
- The Al-Habeeb Scholarship may not be added to other University bursaries or scholarships, such as the Vice-Chancellor’s scholarships.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Al-Habeeb Scholarship, you must meet the eligibility criteria above and:
- Apply to, and receive an offer of a place on, the full-time MA Multimedia Journalism degree programme at Manchester Metropolitan University for September 2018 entry.
- Download and complete the Al-Habeeb Scholarship Application Form? and read the terms and conditions (on the final page of the form).
The Al-Habeeb Scholarship Application Form asks the applicant to write a personal statement of approximately 1000 words, which should cover the following four areas:
(a) demonstrate an interest in writing and/or debating about BME issues (giving specific examples of academic/writing experience where/if possible);
(b) provide examples of how to tackle stereotypes and myths about BME communities through journalism;
(c) suggest ways to improve communications between BME communities and host communities;
(d) describe how an applicant would be an advocate and champion for BME community issues during their studies and after completing the programme.
The answers to the four sections will be allocated points and used by the Al-Habeeb Scholarship Awarding Panel to select the Scholarship recipient.
Send your application form and CV to: Email: giving-at-mmu.ac.uk