HEC announces Scholarships for Faculty Development Programme for Pakistani Universities (Indigenous PhD Scholarships). The scholarship programme will provide an opportunity to faculty members of Public Sector Universities! Degree Awarding Institutions (DAls) to enrol at HEC recognized Pakistani Universities/DAB which should have international collaborations with reputed universities of the world. The scholars will be provided scholarship for a maximum period of 4 years including 6-12 months abroad.
- Must be Pakistani/ AJK nationals only.
- Must have minimum 18 years of education with MS/ MPhil/ equivalent degree for PhD admission in a relevant field.
- Must hold a full-time regular university teaching post in public sector. which he/ she will rejoin after completion of studies as per terms and conditions of the scholarship award.
- Applicants of public sector institutions where contractual nature of employment prevails can apply for the scholarship. However nature of job contact will be reviewed by National Scholarship Management Committee (NSMC). The decision of the Committee will be considered final.
- Must have two years of consecutive teaching experience in the parent} serving university/ DAI.
- Must have first division (in annual examination system) or minimum CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0 in the final degree and no 3rd division or D grade in the entire academic career.
- Maximum age on closing date: 45 years.
- The faculty members who are already enrolled in PhD or availing HEC/ Government/ university or any other scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
- Visiting/ adjunct faculty are not eligible to apply.4
- Applicants are required to submit online application via HEC e-portal (Link available at HEC website wwyvhecgovpk/site/fdp . Hard copy of application and any other documents are not required at this stage.
- Original online deposit slip! ATM Transfer Slip of Rs. 500/- (non-refundable) as application processing fee in favour of Director General Finance. HEC need to be uploaded on HEC e-portal and keep it as record. Fee can be deposited through any bank in Account Number 1742490013340! Habib Bank Limited.
- The selected faculty members will be required to have a foreign co-superviser from well-reputed foreign university (top-ranked 500 universities of the world as per QS ranking where they will complete foreign session of the study plant
- Applications are considered on the following basis:
- Academic Merit of the Candidate (By Academic Evaluation Formula)
- HEC Aptitude Test
- interview by Subject Experts
- NSMC decision will be final for selection of the scholarship award
- The scholarship awardee will have to obtain admission for PhD in those HEC recognized universities/ DAls who already have collaboration / Memorandum of Understanding with reputed universities abroad.
- Selection of the discipline will be based on requirement of higher education institutions.
- Merit list of Scholarship will be prepared on the basis of online information/ data provided by the applicants and in case of any error/omission, the offer will stand cancelled.
- HEC reserves the right to select or reject applicant on the basis of selection criteria approved by NSMC.
- Applicants are required to keep the record of original fee deposit slip. Hard copy will be required at later stage.
Last Date October 31, 2017