INTRODUCTION & OBJECTIVES OF HEC-FRENCH NEEDS BASED SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
In Pakistan, currently, less than 8% of the 17-23 age group is enrolled in any form of higher education that is amongst the lowest in the world. The estimated population of this age group will be 30 million by the year 2015. In fact, it is a great resource that can be better exploited by providing necessary learning and grooming opportunities. An overwhelming majority of this group is from poor and deprived families.
The objective is to provide equal opportunity for the talented students who are at disadvantage being incapable of meeting cost of education at leading higher education institutions. This program will help in poverty alleviation by providing grooming and learning opportunities for the middle and lower middle class students who will have better job and business opportunities after completing their education.
1. Financial assistance & scholarships are available for study at undergraduate & graduate level in the prescribed disciplines at the selected Pakistani universities and degree awarding institutions.
2. Students need to compete for securing admission in the approved discipline at the participating institution as per admission policy of the institution and be enrolled in Undergraduate (4 Years) / Graduate (2 Years) programs.
3. Only those students who are enrolled in first professional year in the respective courses offered by the participating institutions are eligible to apply.
4. The eligibility of a candidate is linked to neediness of the candidate as determined & assessed by the financial background of his/her family.
HOW TO APPLY
The deserving students can get Scholarship Application Form from the Financial Aid Office (FAO) at the participating University/Institution or can be downloaded from the respective website of the universities.
The Scholarship Form are submitted along with supporting documents only at FAO office.
Students are required to get admission in any one of the approved disciplines (i.e. Social Sciences, Architecture & Business Administration) at the participating Universities/Institutions after meeting their admission criteria.
All those students who are applying for admissions at the following universities and also intend to apply for HEC French Needs based Scholarship Program may contact the concerned focal person for forms and further information:
|List of participating universities / Institutions and Focal persons|
|University Name||Focal Person||Designation||Contact Info||Email address|
|Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad||Muhammad Zulfiqar||Manager Financial Aidemail@example.com|
|Sardar Bahadur Khan Women University, Quetta||Prof. Jamila Qazi||Registrar||081-9213303-05, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Institute of Business Management, Karachi||M. W. Jehangir||HOD Corporate Affairsemail@example.com|
|COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, CIIT, Islamabad||Tahir Naeem||Director P&D and HRDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Government College University, GCU, Lahore||Babar Ali Khan||Deputy Registraremail@example.com|
|Institute of Management Sciences, IMS, Peshawar||Sheharyar||Grants Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
- The program will support the students in university / institution tution fee and other expenses
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Financial Assistance Forms / Application forms are available to download from this webpage or relevant university website. These forms are further submitted to the Financial Aid offices / Focal Persons of the relevant university.
2. Data received from “Financial Assistance Form” and supporting documents of the potential candidate are reviewed by Institutional Scholarship Award Committee (ISAC).
3. ISAC which includes members from the institution as well as external community, is headed by the Vice Chancellor of the participating institution who would ensure the impartiality and transparency of the process.
4. The ISAC recommends potential candidates to HEC Scholarship Management Committee (SMC).
5. The recommended cases are presented to Scholarship Management Committee (SMC) that approves the cases after thorough review.
6. The SMC includes top Executives of HEC, representatives from the participating institutions, eminent scholars and a senior member from Embassy of France, Islamabad, Pakistan.
7. After finalization of awardees’ list, the scholarship fund for the selected students is transferred to participating institutions for onward disbursement to students.
1. Financial Assistance Form (FAF) is also available
at participating university website
To download FAF click :
2. Advertisements & Banners
a. Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar
b. Sardar Bahadur Khan Women University, Quetta
c. Institute of Business Management, Karachi
d. Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad
e. Government College University, Lahore
f. COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What types of degrees/disciplines are offered under this scholarship scheme?
Following degrees/disciplines have been selected under this program:
- Business Administration, MBA (2 years) & BBA (4 Years) program
- Social Sciences, Graduate (2 years) & Undergraduate (4 Years) program
- Architecture, Graduate (2 years) & Undergraduate (4 Years) program
* More questions will be uploaded soon
OFFICE G-13, HUMAN RESOUCE DEVELOPMENT & SCHOLARSHIPS DIVISION,
HRD BUILDING, H-8, ISLAMABAD
1. MURAD SHUAIB | PROGRAM COORDINATOR
2. HAJRA SUHAIL | PROJECT MANAGER