Manchester Writing School at the Manchester Metropolitan University is satisfied to offer Joyce Nield Scholarship for understudies joining the program in September 2018. The grant will help an understudy from a non-UK Commonwealth nation with the cost of a MA in Creative Writing.
Built up inside the Department of English at MMU, the Manchester Writing School is a flourishing focus of imaginative greatness. The School has an eager suite of degree projects and short courses, an energetic arrangement of open perusing occasions, a main program of effort exercises, a noteworthy worldwide written work rivalry and a yearly celebration of youngsters’ writing.
The fruitful candidate will be relied upon to go about as an “Experts Scholar” and make a humble, yet imperative, commitment to the learning group of the Manchester Writing School.
Global understudies will be required to exhibit an adequately elevated expectation of English dialect capacity. Keeping in mind the end goal to enter most postgraduate courses the English prerequisites are: IELTS 6.5, TOEFL 575, TOEFL PC based 230.
August 31, 2018
Scholarship is available for pursing MA program whether for full- or part-time, on campus or online.
Scholarship is awarded within the Department of English at Manchester Writing School.
List of Subjects: Creative Writing
The scholarship will be awarded to an applicant of outstanding potential and commitment, and will cover the tuition fees for one 30-credit course unit from your programme of study, whether you are studying full- or part-time, on campus or online.
- Eligible Countries: Citizen of a non-UK Commonwealth country can apply for this scholarship.List of Subjects: Africa: Botswana, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania and Zambia; Asia: Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Singapore and Sri Lanka; Caribbean and Americas: Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Saint Lucia, St Kitts and Nevis, St Vincent and The Grenadines and Trinidad and Tobago; Europe-Cyprus and Malta; Pacific: Australia, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
- Entrance Requirements: To be considered for the scholarship, you should:
- Be a citizen of a non-UK Commonwealth country
- Submit an application to the MFA or MA Creative Writing programme before 30th November 2017 (for January 2018 entry) or 31st August 2018 (for September 2018 entry);
- If you are offered a place on the Masters programme, email postgradenglish-at-mmu.ac.uk with “Joyce Nield Scholarship application” in the subject line, detailing which non-UK Commonwealth country you are a citizen of, and also how you would meet the criteria for a successful applicant (as detailed below).
- English Language Requirements: International students will be required to demonstrate a sufficiently high standard of English language ability. In order to enter most postgraduate courses the English requirements are: IELTS 6.5, TOEFL 575, TOEFL computer-based 230.
How to Apply:
To apply it is necessary to submit online scholarship application form.
Supporting documents include:
- Copies of your academic transcripts and graduation certificates.
- Two references, one of which must be an academic reference.
- Your personal statement.
- Evidence of your English language proficiency.
- Some courses will have additional application requirements, please check individual course entries on our website or in the online prospectus.