Manchester Writing School at the Manchester Metropolitan University is pleased to offer Joyce Nield Scholarship for students joining the programme in September 2018. The scholarship will assist a student from a non-UK Commonwealth country with the cost of an MA in Creative Writing.
Established within the Department of English at MMU, the Manchester Writing School is a thriving centre of creative excellence. The School hosts an ambitious suite of degree programmes and short courses, a vibrant series of public reading events, a leading programme of outreach activities, a major international writing competition and an annual festival of children’s literature.
The successful applicant will be expected to act as a “Masters Scholar” and make a modest, but important, contribution to the learning community of the Manchester Writing School.
International students will be required to demonstrate a sufficiently high standard of English language ability. In order to enter most postgraduate courses the English requirements are: IELTS 6.5, TOEFL 575, TOEFL computer-based 230.
Manchester Metropolitan University Application Deadline:
August 31, 2018
Manchester Metropolitan University Course Level:
Scholarship is available for pursing MA program whether for full- or part-time, on campus or online.
Manchester Metropolitan University Study Subject:
Scholarship is awarded within the Department of English at Manchester Writing School.
List of Subjects: Creative Writing
Manchester Metropolitan University Scholarship Award:
The scholarship will be awarded to an applicant of outstanding potential and commitment, and will cover the tuition fees for one 30-credit course unit from your programme of study, whether you are studying full- or part-time, on campus or online.
- Eligible Countries: Citizen of a non-UK Commonwealth country can apply for this scholarship.List of Subjects: Africa: Botswana, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania and Zambia; Asia: Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Singapore and Sri Lanka; Caribbean and Americas: Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Saint Lucia, St Kitts and Nevis, St Vincent and The Grenadines and Trinidad and Tobago; Europe-Cyprus and Malta; Pacific: Australia, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
- Entrance Requirements: To be considered for the scholarship, you should:
- Be a citizen of a non-UK Commonwealth country
- Submit an application to the MFA or MA Creative Writing programme before 30th November 2017 (for January 2018 entry) or 31st August 2018 (for September 2018 entry);
- If you are offered a place on the Masters programme, email postgradenglish-at-mmu.ac.uk with “Joyce Nield Scholarship application” in the subject line, detailing which non-UK Commonwealth country you are a citizen of, and also how you would meet the criteria for a successful applicant (as detailed below).
- English Language Requirements: International students will be required to demonstrate a sufficiently high standard of English language ability. In order to enter most postgraduate courses the English requirements are: IELTS 6.5, TOEFL 575, TOEFL computer-based 230.
How to Apply:
To apply it is necessary to submit online scholarship application form.