The Matsumae International Foundation is satisfied to offer 20 MIF inquire about Scholarship program to global Students of high scholastic capacity for 2019 passage. Scholarship are granted to embrace inquire about at chosen have organizations.
Matsumae International Foundation intends to help global Students who require money related help with Scholarship, particularly for abroad students.
The Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) is a non-administrative association. Numerous gifts have been compassionately offered by endeavors and gatherings, the vast majority of the givers are people who are thoughtful to the author’s beliefs and keep up commitments to the store from their restricted salaries.
Candidates must hold a PhD. (Doctorate) degree or be perceived by the Matsumae International Foundation as having comparable scholastic capabilities. Abroad students who need to contemplate in English or Japanese must demonstrate their dialect capability if the dialect isn’t their local tongue. Candidates may likewise be requested to submit scores from an English capability test, for example, TOEFL, or to movement to Japan to show up in college selection tests.
Matsumae International Foundation Application Deadline:
August 31, 2018
Matsumae Internationa Foundation Course Level:
Fellowships are available to carry out research at selected host institutions (university research laboratories, national research institutions or the corresponding facilities of private industry).
Matsumae International Foundation Study Subject:
Fields of study such as natural science, engineering, and medicine are given first priority.
Matsumae International Foundation Scholarship Award:
The following financial supports are provided to the successful applicants. No support to his/her family or dependents is available.
Fellowships are provided to successful applicants only, and intended for necessary living expenses and research
activities in Japan. Under no circumstances, this fellowship is transferable.
Allowance for research and stay: ¥220,000- per month is provided for the purpose of tuition payment, expenses for research materials, and miscellaneous living expenses.
Insurance : Overseas Travel Accident/Sickness Insurance: (1) Personal accident insurance with death benefit and medical treatment, (2) Sickness insurance with death benefit and medical treatment.
Air transportation: A coach class round trip air tickets between an airport nearest to the successful applicant’s domicile and Tokyo via most direct and economical routing is provided. The tickets provided cannot be converted to cash, nor can cash provided by MIF be used for purchasing air tickets.
Start-up Fund upon arrival: ¥120,000- is provided to cover the initial costs to start a new research stay in Japan
- Eligible Countries: Non-Japanese citizens can apply for these MIF fellowships.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants of non-Japanese nationality who meet all of the following eligibility requirements are invited to submit the required application documents.
1.Applicants must obtain a Letter of Invitation from host institutions in Japan.
2. Applicants must hold a PH.D. (Doctorate) degree, or be recognized by MIF as possessing equivalent academic
3. Applicants must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time when documents are submitted.
4. Applicants must have sufficient abilities in the English or Japanese languages.
5. Applicants should not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan. (Except for short-term stay. E.g. sightseeing, conferences)
6. Applicants should be in employment in their home countries, and must return to their countries upon completion of their MIF fellowship tenure.
7. Applicants must be of sound health.
- English Language Requirements: A number of leading universities, especially private ones, offer a few courses in English but most are in Japanese and knowledge of the language is more of a requirement than an asset. Overseas students who want to study in English or Japanese must prove their language proficiency if the language is not their native tongue. Applicants may also be asked to submit scores from an English proficiency test such as TOEFL, or to travel to Japan to sit university entrance examinations.
How to Apply:
MIF cannot entertain requests for waivers of the eligibility requirements and other conditions, listed in the Fellowship Announcement, and will not accommodate such requests. Application must be submitted from the applicant’s home country. MIF accepts those submitted by post. Those applications submitted electronically or via facsimile will be unacceptable. Application must be received by MIF by 17:00 on August 31, 2018 (Japan Standard Time). Application will not be accepted in any reason after the deadline date.