The Punjab Higher Education Commission, Government of Punjab invites applications from eligible public sector college teachers/university faculty in Punjab for award of Foreign Post-Doctoral Fellowships for 9-12 months in top 300 universities according to the QS World University Rankings 2018. The fellowships are designed to support faculty to improve their research and teaching skills.
The Fellowship will cover university bench fee, return air-fare, living stipend, research allowance and health insurance as per actual or up to the specified budget heads as mentioned below, whichever is less.
|Sr. No.||Item||Maximum Annual Funds (in PKR Millions)|
|2||Stipend||1.44 (i.e. 0.12 Million per month)|
|6||Total Funds Required for 1 Scholar||2.24|
- Hold a PhD Degree from an HEC recognized university.
- Maximum 52 years of age on closing date.
- Be a regular (BPS & TTS) faculty of Public Sector Universities/Colleges chartered by Government of the Punjab.
- Submit a clearly written research proposal, relevant to the academic field.
- Must have placement in a reputed university/institute listed in top 300 universities according to the QS World University Rankings 2018
- Dual nationals.
- Applicants who are already availing any other scholarship/fellowships.
- Applicants who are not full time regular faculty in public sector college/university.
- Applicants who have availed any Post-Doctoral Fellowship in the last five (05) years.
- Strength of Research Proposal.
- Relevance of host supervisor’s profile with the research proposal.
- Number of years since award of PhD degree.
- Placement in QS high ranking University will be preferred.
- Applicants, who have indigenous PhD, shall be given preference.
- Applicants whose age would be closer to 52 years and have no additional chance for availing Post-Doctoral fellowship may be given preference provided they fulfil the criteria.
- Candidate’s research contribution/papers.
- Number of MPhil/PhD students supervised.
How to Apply:
The application form complete in all respects should reach the Director Academics and Research, Punjab Higher Education Commission, Arfa Software Technology Park, 346-B, Ferozepur Road, Lahore on or before the deadline. The complete application package includes the following:
- Online bank deposit slip of Rs. 1000 as a processing fee in favor of Punjab Higher Education Commission in the account titled “PHEC Accreditation Receivable” of Punjab Higher Education Commission Lahore, Bank of Punjab, Arfa Software Technology Park, Ferozepur Road Lahore.
IBAN: PK 50 BPUN 3200 0200 2669 0001
- Application Form along with statement of purpose and research proposal.
- Acceptance letter from the faculty supervisor at a foreign university that must be among top 300 universities according to the QS World University Rankings 2018.
- Attested copies of educational certificates/transcripts/degrees from issuing board/university or HEC.
- Appointment/regularization letter as regular permanent faculty in public sector college/ university.
- NOC from the relevant government department/university authorities.
- Candidate CV/Resume.
- Foreign Supervisor CV/Resume.
- Photocopy of CNIC.
- Photocopy of passport.
- All above documents should be in the same order as mentioned above and stapled.
- Incomplete applications or applications with missing documents will be rejected.
- By hand applications will not be accepted.
- Applicants must apply through proper channel.