University of Leicester’s aim is to be a world-class research-intensive university and deliver teaching and facilitate learning of the highest quality.
The University was founded as Leicestershire and Rutland University College in 1921. The site for the university was donated by a local textile manufacturer, Thomas Fielding Johnson, in order to create a living memorial for those who lost their lives in First World War.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Scholarships are available for masters degree programme.
Scholarships are offered within College of Social Science, Arts and Humanities, College of Medicine, Biological Sciences and Psychology and College of Science and Engineering across the university, all offering a diverse range of courses.
Scholarship has a value of £2,500.
- Eligible Countries: International students (non-EU) are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: The eligibility criteria for both schemes are as follows:
- Applicants must be classified as an international student (non-EU) for fee purposes, and have an offer to study for a Master’s degree programme.
- The scholarship will not apply if an industrial placement or exchange year is undertaken, or if they suspend their studies for any reason.
- In accordance with scholarship guidelines, students are allowed to hold only one University of Leicester scholarship, awarded either centrally or by a department. If they are awarded more than one scholarship, applicants will therefore receive only the higher value award.
- Applicants cannot combine this scholarship with a full scholarship (for tuition fees and living costs) from any other source. Applicants must in form them of any other scholarships/sponsorship currently held, or awarded at a later date, by emailing scholarships-at-le.ac.uk. Our scholarship may be adjusted or withdrawn if other sources of funding have been awarded.
- The scholarship is only valid for entry in September 2017 or January 2018.
- If they currently have a conditional offer of a place at the University, they are still required to fulfil any conditions stated on their offer letter.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is by post or electronically.