National University of Science and Technology (NUST) is a leading Engineering university in Pakistan. Candidates must clear NUST Entry Test NET – to get admission into the university.
Students have choice to select the entry test mood in which they feel comfortable and the modes are
- Computerized Based Entrance Test
- Paper Based Entrance Test
Computerized entrance test will be conducted in the NUST main campus Islamabad while the paper based entrance test will be conducted in Karachi as well as Quetta.
Registration will be starting from 6th June 2016 and test will be starting from 11th July. All students can appear in the NUST NET-3, entrance test if they have done FSC Part I or Part II. Result awaiting students can also apply. However, the eligibility criteria for admission in NUST, students must score, over 60% marks in FSc part 1 and part 2
- Minimum 60% aggregate marks each in Matric and HSSC / equivalent exams.
- Candidates of FA/FSc stream can apply for NET on the basis of FA/FSc Part-I but confirmation of admission is subject to provision of FA/FSc certificate or Detailed Marks Certificate.
- Candidates of O/A Level or equivalent qualification can apply on the basis of O Level (SSC) equivalence certificate obtained from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) office but confirmation of their admission is subject to provision of A Level (HSSC) equivalence certificate.
- Merit for Applied Biosciences programme will be based on complete FSc / A Level or equivalent qualification (as per IBCC Equivalence Certificate) result.
Engineering Test Pattern:
- Mathematics 40% ( 80 mcqs )
- Physics 30% ( 60 mcqs )
- Chemistry 15% ( 30 mcqs )
- English 10% ( 20 mcqs )
- Intelligence 5% ( 10 mcqs )
Total MCQs = 200
Time allotted = 3 hours.
NUST Merit Formula for FSc students for admissions to Engineering programs is as follows:
- NUST Entry Test 75 %
- HSSC / A level / Equivalent / DAE or HSSC Part-I 15 %
- Matriculation / O Level 10 %