Leiden University is putting forth Excellence Scholarship for full-time worldwide understudies in 2019 scholarly year. These Scholarships are accessible for seeking after graduate degree program.
College offers various general and subject-particular subsidizing plans. The point of the grants is to pull in the best and most persuaded individuals to Netherlands.
Leiden University is one of Europe’s driving global research-serious colleges. This unmistakable position gives graduates leverage while applying for positions both inside and outside the scholastic world.
Leiden University Application Deadline:
October 1, 2018
Leiden University Course Level:
Scholarships are available for master’s degree programme at Leiden University.
Leiden University Study Subject:
Scholarships are awarded for all MA, MSc and LL.M programmes as mentioned on the website master’s programmes in Leiden (for Non-EU/EEA students).
List of Subjects: Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies
Leiden University Scholarship Award:
The LExS is awarded for the duration of the study programme. There are three available levels of awards:
€ 10,000 of the tuition fee
€ 15,000 of the tuition fee
Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
The LExS is not a full scholarship. Non-EEA LExS recipients must still submit ‘proof of sufficient funds’ for their student visa/residence permit application.
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply for these excellence scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: Students applying for all Master’s programmes at Leiden University – with the exception of regular LLM (non-advanced) programmes, which do not offer LEx Scholarships.
Students must have achieved excellent study results in their previous education, this being relevant to the Master’s programme for which they are applying. As an indication, the student is amongst the top 10% of graduates in his/her previous study programme. Note: proof of ranking is not required – this information is purely to indicate the level of competitiveness.
- English Language Requirements: Most master’s programmes at Leiden University are taught in English. This means that applicants will need to submit proof of their English-language proficiency, preferably by means of an IELTS test.
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online.
- Apply online for admission to a Master’s programme at Leiden University and pay the application fee if applicable.
- In the scholarship section of your online application, indicate that you wish to apply for a LExS.
- Upload your LExS motivation letter as instructed in your online application. This is a Word doc of max. 500 words, in which you explain why you would like to be considered for the award.
- Submit your online application, containing your LExS application, before the LExS application deadline.
- If you apply for more than one study programme and wish to apply for a LExS for each, indicate this clearly in each application and upload a LExS motivation letter for each.