The Quebec Ministry of Higher Education (MEES) is putting forth Merit Scholarships for International understudies. To be qualified, understudies must be a full-time understudy for both the fall and winter terms in the program.
CEGEP is a freely supported pre-college school in the area of Quebec’s training framework.
In the event that English isn’t your first dialect then you should demonstrate that your English dialect abilities are at a sufficiently high level to prevail in your investigations.
Scholarships are available for students enrolled full time in a career program at a Quebec college.
Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
The Merit Scholarship is valued at $14,000 annually. All scholarship recipients will also be awarded: A waiver of tuition fees normally paid by international students; Health insurance from the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ), which is Quebec’s provincial health care plan.
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply for these scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible, you must be an international student, that is:
You have come to Quebec to study and studying is your primary activity; and
You are neither a citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada as defined by law and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, nor have you submitted an application for permanent residence; Students must also:
Students must also:
Be from one of the following 44 countries*: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Benin, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Dominica, Egypt, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Ivory Coast, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Mauritania, Moldova, Morocco, Niger, Republic of the Congo, Romania, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Togo, Tunisia, Vanuatu, Vietnam.
Be enrolled full time in a career program at a Quebec college; meet the admission criteria of your program of studies as well as the requirements that will allow you to earn a DEC during your stay as a Quebec student.
Be preselected by your CEGEP, having already received a favourable admission decision;
To receive the scholarship, you must have all legal authorisations required by immigration authorities: Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) for Studies issued by MIDI, Quebec’s Ministry of Immigration, Diversity, and Inclusion; study permit issued by Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC); if required to fulfill a mandatory internship, a work permit.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply:
To receive your first merit scholarship disbursement, you must:
- Have arrived in Quebec and hold a CAQ for studies, a study permit, and a work permit (if required to fulfill a mandatory internship). These documents must be valid for the entire period your scholarship is to cover;
- Be committed to studying full-time and to completing the program of study for which you have requested the scholarship. You may hold a student job as long as you respect the restrictions which apply to international students; attend the college that submitted your application. Students receiving a scholarship may not change schools.